Regionals Online Testing
October 30, 2019
Talk to your Chapter Advisor for location
Included in membership fee
Required to qualify for Provincials
ANYTIME between 7:00 am – 6:00 pm but students writing the SAME Cluster Exam must write in the same time period!
- 100 multiple choice questions
- Maximum of 70 minutes to complete exam
- Smaller chapters can write in ONE sitting (i.e. less than 50 students)
- Integrated Marketing Events (IMCP, IMCS, IMCE) all write the Regional online test and qualify based on weighted-average scores of team members
- Professional Selling & Consulting Events (FCE, HTPS, PSE) all write the Regional online test and qualify based on test scores only
- All Entrepreneurship and ALL DECA 15+ page papers write the Entrepreneurship exam as a qualifier. GROUPS QUALIFY BASED ON WEIGHTED-AVERAGE SCORES OF TEAM MEMBERS.
Students usernames will be the email address that was used to register with DECA Ontario. The portal and password to write the exam will be given to the Chapter Advisor on the day of.
ALL students will be assigned to an event right from the beginning BEFORE October 1. There are no ‘second chance’ events. If a student competed in AAM at Regionals and did NOT place, then that student cannot compete at Provincials. The ONLY event open is Leadership.
…. essentially EVERYONE in your chapter will be assigned to an event by October 1…. REGARDLESS of when they compete…November or February. Written Events MUST qualify based on the weighted average test scores in order to be eligible to compete at Provincials.
Sample Visual of Regional Flights: PDF
When registering for your events, the students are slotted into events and need to be balanced. 16 of the 18 combined Individual and Principle Events and 6 of the 8 Team Oral Events must be populated with the student names before the system will allow you to continue the next flight. The Writtens Events are a maximum of two entries per event and do NOT have to be balanced.
- Overall scores were used to rank the students
- Qualifiers will vary depending on event and number of students per event
- Regardless of the actual average in the event, only the Top X number of kids move on. (i.e. at the York Regional, the ACT lowest qualifying score was 138 while the lowest qualifying score in Toronto is 168